Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Yes, siree bob: I love seafood!

"So, you're saying you like lobster?"
"Yes, I do!"
"And you want to get a license plate with the inscription 'LOBSTER' on it?"
"Yes, I would!"
"Well, sir, whaddaya know, someone-has-already-selected-lobster!"
"Well, I'll beat them in their own game: I'll name my car the 'LOBS II'!"
"Lobs two, sir?"
"Yes! Isn't that genius? Lobstwo!"

Well, who am I kidding? That's probably not how it went. I can't help but hearing Mel Brooks voice speaking this dialogue in a sort of automotive mayhem movie a la 'Cannonball Run'. But life is not like that. Or it never always is. And when it is, there are no cameras rolling. And when they are, it always gets cut out of the film. And when it doesn't, it tends to suck.

Maybe this driver just loves the B-52's and RckLobs was off the market.